GE Intelligent Platforms is pleased to announce the availability of CIMPLICITY Version 8.1, the latest addition to our family of HMI/SCADA products. Version 8.1 maximizes the power of your information with new innovative for both the development and runtime environments.
- Change Approval/eSignature - Achieve regulatory compliance, avoid regulatory penalties and conform with good manufacturing practices by using the new change approval feature. This feature delivers an audit trail, approval before operating, multi-signature and commenting capabilities.
- Alarm variable association - CIMPLICITY 8.1 brings a new ability to easily log up to 6 additional points when an alarm occurs or changes state. This information can be easily viewed in the A&E table and in the historical alarm viewer which enables instant analytics for quick operator resolution.
- More flexible classes - 8.1 introduces enhancements that enable more flexible classes which speed new product development and lower the total cost of maintaining large scale systems. Classes improvements include:
- Data item fields can be configured through class attributes using expressions
- Data items (points) can be optional in the object instance
- Post Object Create script to do advanced programmatic configuration of objects as they are created
Flexible Historian tag naming to facilitate integration with systems using older historian collectors
- New OS Support - Microsoft Windows 7 & SQL Server 2008 & Proficy Historian 3.5 support.Existing support for Microsoft® Vista SP1, SQL 2005, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 (32bit) and Windows Server 2003.
- Alarm Delays - Alarm delays for analog points can be configured per alarm limit.
- Digital Graphic Replay - DGR 2.1 can set it up to 100x and point attributes can now be available in playback mode.
- Updated Graphic Objects - New button styles that can match the native OS button styles & graphics enhancements such as rounded rectangles, new pipe shading styles, drop shadows/ or glow effects.
- Animated GIF - Animated gif support with variable playback speed governed by expression.
- Navigation - Built in panning support using the mouse center wheel button