On line Ladder Program Editing for RSLogix 500
- You cannot expand or create a data table on line in the SLC, and you must be in program mode (or off line) to expand a data table on line in the PLC-5.
- You cannot make an on line edit if the key switch is in Run Mode.
- In the PLC-5, if backplane switch 8 is on, you cannot make an on line edit.
- You do not need to perform an on line edit to directly change a value in the data table such as the preset of a timer or counter.
- If the processor is in program mode, you do not need to test and assemble after accepting.
- If the processor is in program mode, and a rung is deleted, there is no warning.
Step 1) Start Rung Edits