Networking Basic for PLC Engineer
- Peer to Peer Networks
- Client Server Networks
IEEE 802 Standards
Some Guidelines for Installing CablesWhen running cable , it is best to follow few basic rules:
- Always use more cable than you need. Leave plenty of slack
- Test every part of a network as you install it. Even if it is a brand new, it may have problems that will be difficult to isolate later.
- Stay at least 3 feet away from fluorescent light boxes and other sources of electrical interference.
- If it is necessary to run cables across the floor , cover the cable with cable protectors.
- Label both ends of each cable
- Use cable ties (not tape) to keep cables in the same location together.